Google analytics is a platform that allows you to collect your data about the visitors to your website. You can view the volume of website traffic, analyze information, and track where your visitors are coming from, whether they are converted or not.
It doesn’t just deliver you with website insights; it does actually contribute towards the profitable success of your business.
Let’s take a look at this study to know how Google Analytics can support your business as it did for the brands mentioned below:
Benefits of Google Analytics
With the use of Google Analytics, you can discover remarkable information about your website that can be used to improve your marketing and business growth strategies. Here are 4 major business benefits of Google Analytics-
- Marketing campaign optimization
- Website usability development
- Target customers identification
- Budget distribution
Success Stories of Companies
How well does Google Analytics work?
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is an online community marketplace that connects people looking to rent their homes with people who are looking for accommodations around the world.
To connect people to exclusive travel experiences in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries around the world
- To prevent hold-ups between operations and marketing teams
- To implement tags
- To avoid excessive replication in tagging
- To minimize size of extracts to enhance performance
- Implemented Google Tag Manager (a free tool that makes it easy for marketers to add and update website tags-comprising conversion tracking, site analytics, remarketing.)
- Made a data layer
- Cut tag distribution from days to hours
- Increased site speed by 8%
- Faster launches of new programs, tools, and retailers
- More precise data, improved optimizations, better ROI
“With Google Tag Manager, it’s a matter of an hour or so, from receiving a tag to testing to QA to deployment. It’s exponentially better.” — Mona Gandhi, Software Engineer, Airbnb
- To improve customer engagement and generate more conversions
- To unite data achieved from Marketo’s Real-Time Personalization product to an online remarketing campaign
- Passed data from Marketo’s RealTime Personalization to Google Analytics in the form of events
- Used Google Analytics as a single source to view Marketo’s customer data and Analytics visitor information
- Defined remarketing audiences in Google Analytics and served personalized ads through AdWords
- 10X higher conversion rate against traditional display marketing
- 117% YOY increase in qualified leads
- 200% more conversions for B2C and 150% more for B2B users by personalized ads
“By integrating Marketo Real-Time Personalization with Google Analytics, we now can run highly effective and more relevant ad campaigns on third-party websites using the same audience segments that proved to work on our own website. We saw a 117% increase in qualified leads and over 130% increase in multi-touch opportunities as a result.” – Heidi Bullock, VP of demand generation at Marketo.
Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a private, nonprofit organization through which noncommercial, educational licensee members operate 353 PBS member stations.
When the PBS looked-for better web analytics tools, they turned to Google Analytics and certified partner LunaMetrics.
LunaMetrics is a Google Certified Partner and a digital analytics/ search marketing consultancy dedicated to bringing the digital experience to your brand.
- To extend understanding of audience sections
- To install tools to mine web data for insights
- To adjust site to meet segment needs
- Exported Google Analytics 360 data into BigQuery
- Used the Google Cloud Platform to interchange and analyze data sets
- Extracted data from 330 million sessions and 17.5 million episodes watched
- Identified seven key audience segments based on web performances
- Developed in-depth personas per segment
- Informed content and feature improvement
“This is the first time we’ve been able to use data mining across the totality of our web data to see what it can tell us about our audiences.” – Amy Sample, PBS Senior Director, Strategic Insights
“That was the coolest thing about it: A machine took our data without prior assumptions and reaffirmed and strengthened ideas that subject matter experts already suspected about our audiences based on our contextual knowledge.” – Dan Haggerty, PBS Director, Digital Analytics
GoPro makes astonishingly popular wearable and gear-mountable cameras and digital devices. It helps people capture and share their most unforgettable moments of their lives,
- To organize and manage digital marketing and measurement tags
- To use tag additions or changes quickly and with minimal IT problem
- To optimize site speed with reduced tag overhead
- Use Google Tag Manager 360 (Measure, see, and improve the impact of your marketing across every channel and moment in today’s users’ journey) across multiple technology platforms and web properties
- Implement complete data layer and advanced tracking automation scripts
- Allow access for marketing team and agency partners
- Streamlined tag utilization
- Reduced lead time requirements for new campaign introductions
- Supported whole management of all tags across GoPro digital platforms
- Reduced burden and cost for IT resources
“Google Tag Manager 360 centralizes our tags into a single location that gives our marketing and analytics teams the flexibility to make tagging updates within minutes without burdening IT.” – Lee Topar, Director of Online Marketing, GoPro
Domino’s is a leading pizza delivery brand in countries around the world. Today, Domino’s is the most popular pizza delivery chain operating in the U.K., the Republic of Ireland, Germany, and Switzerland and sales just keep on growing.
- To add marketing measurement across devices
- To create a whole view of customer behavior
- To make cross-channel marketing performance analysis easy and effective
- Implement Google Analytics 360, Google Tag Manager 360, and Google BigQuery
- Add digital data sources and CRM data
- Realized an immediate 6% increase in monthly revenue
- Saved 80% YOY in ad allocation and operations costs
- Increased quickness with streamlined tag management
- Achieved easy access to powerful reporting and customized dashboards
“Google Analytics 360 combined with Google Tag Manager 360 and BigQuery has become an integral solution that gives us the technical agility and the analytics power we need to advance our marketing strategies. DBi has been fundamental in developing our digital strategy with Google Analytics 360.”- Nick Dutch Head of Digital, Domino’s
1stdibs.com is a global destination for availing the best in furniture, fine art, vintage fashion, and jewelry. The company starts out to modernize a classic old-world industry by connecting the world’s finest suppliers with perceptive buyers online.
- To grow faster by tying business objectives to clear key performance indicators (KPIs)
- To collect data required to understand customers and reach objectives
- To gain a complete view of the customer experience across digital experiences and devices
- Implemented Google Analytics 360 with measurement protocol to capture earlier un-seized data
- 47% lift in paid media performance and 10% more return on ad spend (ROAS)
- 34% increase in email click-through rates
- 24% increase in conversion quarter over quarter
“With Analytics 360, the company used Universal Analytics and took advantage of custom dimensions. We were finally able to define different visitor and customer groups by new attributes and compare them against each other. This lets us understand and fix the problems different groups are having or see which types of visitors are most valuable to our ecosystem.” – Jung Lee, head of analytics for 1stdibs
Agilent offers complete scientific solutions. It provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise.
- To expand analytics experiences
- To make it easy to share data-driven insights within
- To help teams get more value from analytics tools
With these goals in mind, Agilent reached out to E-Nor for better analytics and measurement strategy.
- E-Nor is a global digital analytics and marketing optimization consulting firm dedicated to empowering organizations to become more data-driven.
- Explain business requirements
- Develop and implement migration plan
- Offer training and support
- Executed Google Analytics 360
- 400% growth in use of data-driven insights
- Reduced total cost of ownership
“Google Analytics 360 has enabled an analytics culture where all digital teams have access to data in real time, and insights can quickly become business action.”- Karen Brondum, Leader of the Digital Analytics COE, Agilent
All these examples show you how well Google analytics is working. Once you recognize any problems in your site, you can create a solution.
Google Analytics allows you to track many important metrics or the statistics needed to improve your website and make it the best it can be.
Delhi School of Internet Marketing is India’s Premier Digital Marketing Training Institute delivering training to professionals, entrepreneurs and job-seekers, The institute offers an all-in-one advanced digital marketing course in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune all over India. making individuals learn how to do marketing online.